Friday, April 29
10:00 am – 12:30 pm
Instructor: Sylvia Emard
Class fee: $45
Learn to Weave with Double Heddles on a Rigid Heddle Loom in Three Sessions
Are you ready to take your Rigid Heddle Weaving to the next level? Explore the expanded possibilities of double heddle weaving in these three specialty weaving classes. Sign up for one, two or all three!
Because the classroom is small, students will warp their looms at home before each session, but threading the heddles will be done in class. Sessions are scheduled two weeks apart to give you the opportunity to continue sampling and practicing at home before preparing for a new session.
In order to keep everyone safe, proof of vaccination is required to register for this class. Mask wearing is encouraged but not required.
Session 1: Threading Double Heddles and Creating Patterns
Learn to thread your loom with a double density sett using two heddles. Weave with finer yarns and learn to expand beyond plain weave by creating simple patterns with two heddles.
Handout with instructions included.
- Rigid heddle loom with double heddle capacity
- Two rigid heddles of identical size: 7.5/8-dent, 10-dent, or 12/12.5-dent
- 2 or more stick shuttles
- Reed hook and threading hook
- 300-500 yards of yarn of appropriate weight for double density sett:
- sport weight yarn for two 7.5/8 dent heddles
- fingering weight yarn for two 10 dent heddles
- lace weight yarn for two 12/12.5 dent heddles
- A few yards of yarn in contrasting colors for pattern sampling
- String or scrap yarn
- Pick-up stick (optional)
- Ability to warp your loom at home